Worm Castings are the product of nature’s natural chemistry process that occurs within the digestive tract of earthworms. It results in an organic, natural fertilizer that helps plants thrive. Brut Worm Castings are special because of the process used at the Brut Worm Farms. The worms are raised at our own farm indoors in containers which enable us to have very pure, consistently high-quality castings.
We have bacteria and microbes in our stomachs which break down our food so our bodies can consume the vitamins and minerals. Plants don’t have a gut like us. They need bacteria and microbes to exist in the soil. Brut Worm Castings are chalk full of beneficial microbial life. This is why Brut Worm Castings helps soil come alive.
New Indoor Plants
- Gently mix a 1:5 ratio of Brut Worm Castings into your soil before inserting the plant.
Existing Indoor Plants
- Sprinkle a cup of Brut Worm Castings around the base of the plant.
New Outdoor Plants
- Spread Brut Worm Castings evenly and work them into the soil before planting your flower bed or garden.
- Use 30 pounds per 100 square feet.
- For new trees and shrubs, place a cup of Brut Worm Castiings in the hole before planting.
Existing Outdoor Plants
- Sprinkle Brut Worm Castings around the base of the plant. Use 12 pounds per 100 square feet.
- For existing trees and shrubs spread Brut Worm Castings on the ground above the roots. Use 30 pounds per 100 square feet.
Lawns - New and Existing
- Spread Brut Worm Castings on the ground and work them into the soil if possible. Use 30 pounds per 1,000 square feet.
For every situation, Apply 2-3 times per year for optimal results.
Brut Worm Castings are made from two ingredients: First, Reed Sedge peat which we get from our own peat bog. This ensures it is fresh and hasn’t been sitting out in the sun for years losing its microbial vibrancy. Second, certified organic grains which are ground at a certified organic feed mill to our standards. The feed is delivered every 2-3 weeks ensuring it is fresh.
What is notable is what is not in Brut Worm Castings. Brut Worm Castings are not made with animal manure which means there are no artificial hormones. It is not made using food scraps or compost which means there are no harmful chemicals.
Levels of heavy metals are as follows:
Arsenic (total) < 10.0 mg/kg EPA 6010
Cadmium (total) < 0.50 mg/kg EPA 6010
Lead (total) < 5.0 mg/kg EPA 6010
Mercury (total) < 0.05 mg/kg EPA 7471
Nickel (total) 4.2 mg/kg EPA 6010
Fresh, Dark, Rich, Pure
Direct To Roots
The nutrient- and mineral-dense worm castings are an eco-system of beneficial microbial life. These enzymes and bacterium keep your soil fertile and deliver essential nutrients such as, Magnesium, Potassium, Iron, Calcium, Sulfide, Nitrogen, and Phosphorous, directly to the roots of your plants, helping them flourish! Explore more about our microbial bio-diversity and benefits of using Brut Worm Castings in organic gardening here.
- Our worm castings provide natural soil enrichment. Use a totally organic, non-toxic, odor free fertilizer. Get the benefits of fertilizer without the harsh chemicals
- Keep your soil natural!Get all the beneficial microbes, bacteria, flagellates, amoebae, fungi, and nematodes that make up the most fertile soils in one bag.
- These nutrient filled castings come straight from our farm. They don't spend time in other warehouses losing vibrancy. Brut worm Casting helps soil help itself
- Our worms are fed purely organic natural feed, so there's no harmful chemicals or hormones in our enriched castings.